Monday, January 7, 2013

“Jo's eyes sparkled, for it's always pleasant to be believed in; and a friend's praise is always sweeter than a dozen newspaper puffs.”


I was featured in a Mams Latinas today! Mamas Latinas is an online community where women connect about things like beauty, pregnancy and health. This was a very big moment for me. I always have a nagging feeling that I'm not good enough and I'll never achieve what I want but I am surrounded by such wonderful, positive people who love me and want me to succeed. That means more than anything. Not that you cant do anything on your own, but having people on your side make the journey easier.

I know this year is going to be my year. Not because something will fall in my lap, but because I am going to work hard for what I want. And with my loved one by my side, I seriously feel like I can take on the world.

My support group <3 (I did my cousin's makeup the second from the left)

                                                                                          the article ^_^
http://articles.mamaslatinas.com/beauty/109286/7_easy_tips_tricks_to/7074/for_defined_cheek_bones#slideshow
                                                                 
        Also, here is a look I did today using the Urban Decay Dangerous Palette
(photo from Sephora)
Sadly, I didn't love this palette. For something called Dangerous it was anything but. I found the colors to be on the sheer side and even with primer (tf shadow insurance) and a base (nyx milk) the color didn't stay on. I used Gravity on my lid and no matter how much I packed on it looked sheer
I'm usually sold on UD but sadly, this was kind of a miss :(
Gravity, Loaded, Evidence, Deeper, Mushroom, Ace
 
“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
 -Louisa May Alcott
 

No comments:

Post a Comment