Friday, January 4, 2013

2012: Parties and Weddings and Makeup Oh My!

So, to be honest not much happened makeup wise in 2012. I'll post a few looks but it was pretty uneventful. I didn't experiment too much with makeup sadly and I didn't buy too much either. No, that's a lie I always buy makeup lol. I guess I was in a bit of a stand still. Don't get me wrong I had a ton of fun with my family. We went on amazing adventures last summer but I didn't take too may makeup photos. I think I was focusing a lot on quality time with my family. There was however a wedding, and an engagement party! My new years resolution on top of so many is to focus on my makeup!

OK, So I started last year with my youngest sister getting engaged yay! So her maid of honor, my other sister and I threw her an engagement dinner at a restaurant in the city
Keeping it simple and polished.

My newly wed sister, my other sister's best friend/maid of honor and me :)

My mom, my son and my niece

                                                                                 My sister's wedding party
 
Red velvet cake! Yum!

A few months after a close friend of ours, who is more like a brother to us, had a Jack and Jill wedding shower then two months later the wedding.

Dessert table!

                   Yes, a Sephora wishing well


I knew the wedding was going to be edgy from the start. I convinced the bride to do a red lip and so I was also on the hunt for the perfect red lip. I don't usually do red, I'm more of a nude lip girl. I purchased a few and was given a few and finally decided on Mac Ruffian Red and NYX mega shine gloss in Perfect Red. I also purchased a retro dress from Torrid and borrowed a red flower hair piece from a friend to complete the look. This wedding was amazing. The wedding was at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn. It was very Rock N Roll and very much the couple.

                      How amazing is this????





                            Hubby and me <3
        Had to sneak a pic with their retro getaway checker cab!


But, moving forward I have high hopes for 2013. Things don't just happen, you have to make it happen and I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment